Terms and Conditions
By registering to bid online with GRS Auctions, Bidders agree to the following Terms & Conditions for all auctions. Terms may vary based on State, Local, and Federal regulations and Consignor/Seller requirements.
GRS Online Auctions are Dynamic: The closing of an auction operates on a staggered basis. Bidding typically begins closing for the first item at 7:00 PM Central Time, then typically closes 2 items per minute thereafter to the last item in catalog order. This rate may be higher than 2 per minute depending on the structure of the auction. If a bid is received in the last 5 minutes of an item, the clock resets to 6 minutes until all bidding ends for that item. Review all bids before submitting.
- By registering to bid at GRS Appraisal and Auction Services(dba) GRS Auction & Strategic Liquidation you agree to close the transaction pursuant to the terms and conditions of sale.
- Registration: By registering with GRS, you agree to hold harmless GRS, its Owner(s), Auctioneer, and any Consignor against any claim or liability resulting from items sold, including but not limited to proximate or consequential damages, failure to comply with local, state or federal laws, and cost or legal expenses arising therefrom. Auctioneers' and Consignors' liability shall be limited to the refund of Bidders' purchase price.
- Required Bidding Information: Bidders are required to submit a valid full name, address, email address, credit card, and phone number. GRS Appraisal and Auction Services(dba) GRS Auction & Strategic Liquidation (GRS) reserve the right to reject registration to any person or entity.
- Bidding: The highest Bidder shall be the buyer at the hammer price and any dispute shall be settled at the Auctioneer's absolute discretion. In Case of BIDDING ERRORS, prior to the auction closing, the Bidder must immediately contact our office at 636-600-1009 or email Info@grsauctions.com. Corrections will be reviewed and altered at the discretion of the Auctioneer. Bidder’ accepts the responsibility of reviewing bids before submitting them. NO bids will be reversed after the auction published closing time or auction closing has commenced.
- Sales Tax: When applicable sales tax (7.738%) will be charged on all items. Sales tax rates may vary based on State, Local, or Federal laws. If you are tax-exempt as a reseller or non-profit entity, a current tax-exempt or resale exemption certificate must be e-mailed to Info@grsauctions.com prior to the auction closing date. If the certificate is not received and confirmed, the invoice will be charged sales tax and the Bidder will need to apply for the refund from the state. For motor vehicle purchases the Buyer is responsible for paying sales tax directly to the State.
- Buyer’s Premium: A buyer's premium is a fee added to each invoice and is calculated as follows: 15% is Buyer’s Premium added to each purchase and a 3% convenience fee if paying by credit card. (For example, if you bid $100.00 on an item and are the winning Bidder, your invoice will be charged $100.00 plus a 15% buyer’s premium of $15.00 for a total of $115.00 when paying by credit card a 3% convenience fee is added making the final $118.45). Applicable sales tax may apply.
- Billing: Invoices are immediately billed to the credit card on file following auction closing. Bidders wanting to pay cash must notify GRS by phone at 636-600-1009 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by 8:00 am the morning following bid closing. Bidders wishing to pay cash on-site must arrive at the auction pick-up site and pay by 12:00 pm/Noon. If the balance is not paid by noon on pick-up day the credit card on file will be billed. In the case of non-payment, Bidders will be blocked from bidding until a valid credit card is entered and balances paid in full.
Forms of payment accepted are MasterCard, Visa, Discover Card, American Express, Pay Pal, Wire Transfer, Cash with a valid credit card on file, or PRE-APPROVED company check. All returned checks will be charged a $45 processing fee. Bidders must have an active credit card on file with the appropriate credit limit for the items being bid. All transactions are in U.S. Dollars. If any Bidder fails to complete their transaction or pick up items within the specified time frame, the Auctioneer and its Consignor may offer the item to another Bidder. If a Bidder fails to complete a transaction, they will be blocked from future GRS Auctions until all transactions are completed.
- Site Safety: All Bidders enter the auction site at their own risk. Any accident or harm caused is not the responsibility of GRS, the Auctioneer, or the Consignor. No children or pets are allowed at the auction site during inspection or removal.
- Pick-Up: Removal of items (pickup) will take place during specific dates and times determined by GRS and its Consignor. A paid receipt or proper ID is required from anyone picking up purchased items. Bidders are responsible for the safe, timely removal of their items and for knowing site conditions, and bringing tools, equipment, and assistance required to remove items. Removal of all items purchased is at the expense, liability, and risk of winning Bidder. All items must be removed within the approved schedule or the item may be considered abandoned by the Consigner or Auctioneer.
The Auctioneer may require licensed or certified professional removal for equipment with electrical, plumbing, refrigeration disconnections, or removals requiring special equipment. A Certificate of Insurance including GRS and its seller may also be required prior to removal.
- No Warranty Implied: All items are sold "AS IS”, “WHERE IS”, “WHEN AVAILABLE” and with “NO WARRANTY" of any kind expressed or implied as to any item's condition, quality, or value. Descriptions are believed to be accurate, but not guaranteed. Inspection of items prior to auction closing will be posted on the auction information page with dates, times, and locations of inspection. No refunds will be awarded for errors in the item’s description, photo, defect, or anything wrong with the item. Bidders are bidding on the described item, not the photo, do not assume a lot consists of multiple items if pictured together. Photos may be a representation of an actual item. Bidders are responsible for personally inspecting items in person and reading all descriptions prior to placing bids. It is the Bidder's sole responsibility to inspect the item and understand labor requirements before bidding.
- Abandoned items: If a Bidder fails to remove an item within the allowed time frame, GRS reserves the right to deem the item abandoned by the Bidder and the winning Bidder will lose any amount paid and any rights to that item and will be held responsible for any fees incurred for transportation and/or storage expense associated with the abandoned item. Items left at GRS site for more than 10 days will incur storage charges.
- Reserve: GRS and its Consignors may place a reserve or minimum bid on any item. The reserve amount may or may not be displayed. GRS and its Auctioneer reserve the right to reject bids for any reason. When the reserve is not met the Auctioneer will immediately notify the Consignor to make the high bid offer, and the Consignor can Accept or reject the offer.
- Changes in Auction or Schedule: GRS and our Consignor have the right to add or delete items from any auction or split or combine lots within an auction; suspend, cancel, reschedule, or extend any individual item and/or auction event and make changes to the auction starting/closing times, inspection, and removal dates and/or times.
- Technology Disruptions: The auctioneer will not be responsible for technology disruptions, errors, or failures (including disruptions to the bidding or the failure to execute, recognize or record online bids), whether caused by (i) loss of connectivity, breakdown, disruption, or failure of the Online Auction Platform (ii) breakdown, disruption of failure of a Bidder’s internet connection, computer or system, or (iii) otherwise. The auctioneer may but will not be required to continue or suspend, delay, extend, reset, reschedule, or close the Auction because of disruptions caused by technology failures after bidding has commenced.
GRS uses Online Auction Platform Providers to facilitate each Auction. Under no circumstances will Auctioneer be liable for any failure of the Online Auction Platform Provider to perform or for any deficiencies in the Online Auction Platform Provider’s performance, or for the failure of its affiliates, employees, representatives, or contractors of the Online Auction Platform Provider to perform their obligations.
Use of Data: GRS considers Bidder and Seller information confidential and does not share or offer data for sale or use by other organizations. By registering to bid with GRSAuctions.com, you give permission for GRS to send email and text correspondence regarding upcoming auction events winning bidder notifications, and final auction invoices to winning bidders. Bidders have the opportunity to opt out of text and email marketing at any time by texting a "STOP" reply to a text or clicking the "opt-out" link provided on any marketing email. GRS also receives information from Google Analytics regarding the generic demographics and use patterns for this site.
Consignors: GRS acts as an agent to the Consignor and assumes no liability or responsibility for actions, principles, or decisions made by the Consignor if withdrawing an item or making changes prior to the auction closing.
- Shipping & Delivery: GRS offers delivery and shipping for most items. Bidders must call in advance to determine if shipping is available. Bidders are responsible for scheduling shipping and providing insurance for items that will be shipped. All items are shipped FOB Dock. Crating or packing charges will apply, call for a quotation.
Can't make it to the auction?
Bid on our auctions from your smartphone when online bidding is available. Download our app today from the Apple App Store or Google Play.