V11 10/25/2021 BN
Terms and Conditions
By registering to bid online with GRS Auctions, the Buyer agrees to this Sale's following Terms & Conditions. Terms and conditions are subject to the jurisdiction of the State of Missouri, Federal regulations, and Consignor/Seller requirements.
This event is a "Buy It Now" or make offer event. All lots are being offered at a minimum of $300. Lots are gaylords full of unprocessed unmanifested e-Commerce returns. All items are sold "As Is" with no warranty and no returns. ALL SALES ARE FINAL, and items must be removed from the site the day following the Sale.
Buyers may attend the sale preview but may not search through or take apart gaylords before the final Sale. The Buyer assumes the risk of purchasing unseen lots.
- By registering to bid at GRS Appraisal and Auction Services(dba) GRS Auction & Liquidation Strategy, you agree to close the transaction according to the terms and conditions of the Sale.
- Registration: By registering with GRS, you agree to hold harmless GRS, its Owner(s), Auctioneer and any Consignor against any claim or liability resulting from items sold, including but not limited to proximate or consequential damages, failure to comply with local, state, or federal laws, and cost or legal expenses arising therefrom. Liquidator and Consignors' liability shall be limited to refund of the Bidders purchase price.
- Required Bidding Information: Buyers are required to submit a valid full name, address, e-mail address, credit card, and phone number. For Sale, buyers are required to have a valid credit card on file. GRS Appraisal and Auction Services, LLC (dba) GRS Auction & Liquidation Strategy (GRS) reserve the right to reject registration to any person or entity.
- Corrections will be reviewed and altered at the discretion of the Liquidator. Buyers accept responsibility for checking their offer before submitting it, and NO sale will be reversed after the offer has been accepted.
- Sales Tax: When applicable, sales tax (8.238%) will be charged on all items. Sales tax rates may vary based upon State, Local or Federal laws. If you are tax-exempt as a reseller or non-profit entity, a current tax-exempt or resale exemption certificate must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before the auction closing date. If the certificate is not received and confirmed, the invoice will be charged sales tax, and the Bidder will need to apply for the refund from the State. For motor vehicles purchases, the Buyer is responsible for paying sales tax directly to the State.
- Buyer's Premium: A buyer's premium is an industry-standard fee added to each invoice and is calculated as follows: 10% is Buyer's Premium added to each purchase and 3% convenience fee if paying by credit card. (For example, if you bid $100.00 on an item, your invoice will be charged $100.00 plus a 10% buyer's premium of $10.00 for a total of $110.00. When paying by credit card a 3% convenience fee is added making the final total $113.30). Applicable sales tax may apply.
- Billing: Invoices are immediately billed to the credit card on file following offer acceptance. Bidders wanting to pay by company check or wire transfer must notify GRS by phone at 636-600-1009 or by e-mail at email@example.com by 8:00 am the morning following bid closing. Buyers wishing to pay cash on site must arrive at pick up site and pay by 12:00 pm/Noon. If balance is not paid by noon on pick up day the credit card on file will be billed. In the case of non-payment, Buyer's will be blocked from the GRS Site until a valid credit card is entered and balances paid in full.
Forms of payment accepted are MasterCard, Visa, Discover Card, American Express, Pay Pal, Wire Transfer, Cash with a valid credit card on file, or PRE-APPROVED company check. All returned checks will be charged a $45 processing fee. Bidders must have an active credit card on file with the appropriate credit limit for the items being bid. All transactions are in U.S. Dollars. If any Bidder fails to complete their transaction or pick-up items within the specified time frame, the Auctioneer and its Consignor may offer the item to another Bidder. If a Bidder fails to complete a transaction, remains responsible for all expenses incurred by the Seller and Liquidator, and will be blocked from future GRS Auctions until all transactions are completed.
- Site Safety: All Buers enter the auction site at their own risk. Any accident or harm caused is not the responsibility of GRS, the Auctioneer, or Consignor. No children or pets are allowed at the auction site during inspection or removal.
- Removal: Removal of items (pickup) will take place during specified dates and times determined by GRS and its Consignor. A paid receipt or proper ID is required from anyone picking up purchased items. Bidders are responsible for the safe, timely removal of their items and for knowing site conditions, bringing tools, equipment and assistance required to remove items. Removal of all items purchased are the expense, liability, and risk of winning Bidder. All items must be removed within the approved schedule or the item may be considered abandoned to the Consigner or Liquidator and may be resold at a future sale. The Buyer will be responsible for the difference in resale price and any expenses incurred by the Seller and Auctioneer.
The Liquidator may require licensed or certified professional riggers for removal of equipment with electrical, plumbing, refrigeration disconnections or removals requiring special equipment. A Certificate of Insurance including GRS and its seller may also be required prior to removal.
- No Warranty Implied: All items are sold "AS IS", "WHERE IS", "WHEN AVAILABLE" and with "NO WARRANTY" of any kind expressed or implied as to any item's condition, quality, or value. Descriptions are believed to be accurate, but not guaranteed. Inspection of items prior to auction closing will be posted on the GRS site information page with dates, time, and location of inspection. No refunds will be awarded for errors in the item's description, photo, defect, or anything wrong with the item. Bidders are bidding on the described item, not the photo, do not assume a lot consists of multiple items if pictured together. Photos may be a representation of an actual item. Bidders are responsible for personally inspecting items in person and reading all descriptions prior to placing bids. It is the Bidder's sole responsibility to inspect the item and understand labor requirements before bidding.
- Abandoned items: If a Bidder fails to remove an item within allowed time frame, GRS reserves the right to deem the item abandoned by the Buyer and the winning Buyer will lose any amount paid and any rights to that item and will be held responsible for any fees incurred for transportation and/or storage expense associated with the abandoned item. Items left at GRS site for more than 10 days will incur storage charges.
- Changes in Sale or Schedule: GRS and its Consignor have the right to add or delete items from any auction or split or combine lots within an auction; suspend, cancel, reschedule, or extend any individual item and/or auction event and make changes to the auction starting/closing times, inspection, and removal dates and/or times.
- Technology Disruptions: Liquidator will not be responsible for technology disruptions, errors or failures (including disruptions to bidding of the failure to execute, recognize or record online bids), whether caused by (i) loss of connectivity, third party breakdown, disruption, or failure of the Online Auction Platform (ii) breakdown, disruption of failure of a Buyers internet connection, computer or system, or (iii) otherwise. Liquidator will not be required to continue or suspend, delay, extend, reset, reschedule, or close the Auction because of disruptions caused by technology failures, after bidding has commenced.
GRS uses Online Platform Providers to facilitate each Sale. Under no circumstances will Liquidator be liable for any failure of the third party Online Platform Provider to perform or for any deficiencies the Online Platform Provider's performance, or for the failure of its affiliates, employees, representatives or contractors of the Online Platform Provider to perform their obligations.
- Consignors: GRS acts as an agent to the Consignor and assumes no liability or responsibility for actions, principles or decisions made by the Consignor if withdrawing an item or making changes prior to the auction closing.
- Shipping & Delivery: Rigging fees will apply to items being handled or prepared for shipping by GRS. Buyers must call in advance and be aware of any and all rigging fees. Bidders are responsible for scheduling shipping and providing insurance for items that will be shipped. All items are shipped FOB Dock. Crating or packing charges will apply, call for quotation.