Terms and Conditions
- By registering to bid at GRS Auction & Appraisal Services, you agree to close the transaction pursuant to the terms and conditions of sale.
- All items are sold "AS IS, WHERE IS, and with NO WARRANTY" of any kind expressed or implied as to any item's condition, quality, or value. Descriptions are believed to be accurate, but not guaranteed. Inspection of items prior to the day of the auction will be posted on the auction information page with dates, time, and location of inspection. No refunds will be awarded for errors in the items description, photo, defect, or anything wrong with the asset item. You are bidding on the described item, not the photo, therefore do not assume a lot consists of multiple items even if they are pictured together. At times, the photo may be a representation of an actual item. Please inspect the item numbers and carefully read all descriptions prior to placing bids. No refunds will be awarded for errors in the item's description, photo, defect, or anything wrong with the item. It is the bidder's sole responsibility to inspect the item before bidding.
- Bidders are required to submit a valid full name, address, email address, credit card and phone number. GRS Auction & Appraisal Services reserves the right to reject registration to any person or entity.
- If applicable, IL sales tax (7.35%) will be charged on all items. If you will be reselling the item, you must e-mail your IL resale certificate to info@GRSauctions.com or fax it to 618.286.4060 prior to the auction closing date. If the certificate is not received and confirmed, you will be charged sales tax and will have to apply for the refund to the state of Illinois (or the state where the equipment is located). If you are tax exempt, you must email a copy of your state tax exempt form to info@GRSAuctions.com or fax the certificate to 618.286.4060 prior to the auction closing date.
- A buyer's premium is in effect; therefore, GRS Auction & Appraisal Services will charge an additional 15% buyer's premium to all invoices. (For example, if you bid $100.00 on an item and are the winning bidder, your invoice will be charged $100.00 plus a 15% buyer’s premium of $15.00 for a total of $115.00 plus any sales tax that may apply.
- At conclusion of auction, all invoices will be automatically billed to the credit card on file unless prior arrangements have been made with GRS Auction & Appraisal Services of your preferred payment method. Forms of payment accepted from winning bidders include MasterCard, Visa, Discover Card, American Express, Certified funds, Cash, or PRE-APPROVED company check. All returned checks will be charged a $35 processing fee. Do not bid if you do not have enough credit available on the credit card on file. The currency of all transactions is in U.S. Dollars. If any bidder fails to complete their transaction, GRS Auction & Appraisal Services reserves the right to dispose of the item at the bidder's expense. The auctioneer and its seller/consignor may offer the item to another bidder. If a bidder fails to complete a transaction, they will be barred from future GRS Auctions until all transactions are completed.
- In Case of BIDDING ERRORS, prior to auction closing, you must immediately contact our office or email Info@grsauctions.com. Corrections will be reviewed and altered at the discretion of GRS Auction & Appraisal Services. Please review all bids before submitting. We will not reverse any bids after the auction has begun closing. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Removal of items (pickup) will take place during designated times determined by GRS Auction & Appraisal Services. A paid receipt or proper ID will be required from anyone picking up purchased items. NO SHIPPING IS AVAILABLE. The removal of all items purchased will be at the expense, liability, and risk of the winning bidder. If a bidder fails to remove an item within the time frame allowed, GRS Auction & Appraisal Services reserves the right to deem the item abandoned by the bidder and the winning bidder will lose any amount paid and any rights to that item and will be held responsible for any fees incurred for transportation and/or storage expense associated with the abandoned item.
- GRS Auction & Appraisal Services and its sellers/consignors reserve the right to have a reserve price or minimum bid on any item. The reserve amount may or may not be displayed depending on the consigned party. GRS Auction & Appraisal Services and its auctioneer reserve the right to reject bids for any reason. GRS Auction & Appraisal Services and its auctioneer reserve the right to add or delete items from any auction or split or combine lots within an auction.
- GRS Auction & Appraisal Services reserves the right to suspend, cancel, reschedule, or extend any individual item and/or auction event and make changes to the auction starting/closing times, inspection, and removal dates and/or times.
- GRS Auction & Appraisal Services assumes no liability or responsibility for decisions made by the seller/consignor if withdrawing an item prior to the auction closing date.
- By registering with GRS Auction & Appraisal Services, you agree to hold harmless GRS Auction & Appraisal Services, its owner and any seller/consignor against any claim or liability resulting from items sold, including but not limited to: proximate or consequential damages, failure to comply with local, state or federal laws, and cost or legal expenses arising there from. GRS Auction & Appraisal Services acts as an agent to the seller/consignor and is not responsible for actions or principles of the seller/consignor. Liability to GRS Auction & Appraisal Services and seller/consignors shall be limited to the refund of the bidder’s purchase price plus any taxes collected.
- All bidders enter the auction site at their own risk. Any accident or harm caused is not the responsibility of GRS Auction & Appraisal Services, the auctioneer, or the seller/consignor. No children or pets are allowed at the auction site during inspection or removal.
- The above-stated terms and conditions cannot be altered except in writing by GRS Auction & Appraisal Services.
- GRS Auction & Appraisal Services acts as an agent to the consigner and is not responsible for actions or principles.
- All lots to be sold AS IS, WHERE IS, WITH NO WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. ALL SALES FINAL. No Refunds or Exceptions. Auctioneers and Sellers liability shall be limited to the refund of bidders purchase price.
- The highest bidder shall be the buyer at the hammer price and any dispute shall be settled at the Auctioneer's absolute discretion.
- The Auctioneer has the right at his absolute discretion to refuse any bid.
- Please Review Items and Allow For Removal On Times Indicated. Viewing, Pick Up and Conditions will be printed prior to Auction.
- GRS AUCTIONS WILL DELIVER WITHIN A 100 MILE RADIUS, PLEASE CALL FOR FEES.
- If you need your item palletized, there is a fee. Please call for quote.
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
The closing of an auction operates on a staggered basis. Bidding normally closes for the first item at 7pm then typically closes 2 items per minute thereafter to the last item in catalog order. This rate may be higher than 2 per minute depending on the structure of the auction. If a bid is received in the last 5 minutes of an item, the clock resets to 6 minutes until all bidding ends for that item. You should review your bids before they are submitted.
In case of BIDDING ERRORS, if you make a gross bidding error, you must immediately contact our office by email. You will still remain the high bidder, however, we will not reverse bids that have caused others to be outbid. If you bid on the wrong item, we will not reverse your bid. Please review all bids before submitting. We will not reverse bids after the auction has begun closing. There are NO EXCEPTIONS. If you bid on the wrong item or decide an item is not suited for your intended use, our clients are not willing to assume the cost of your mistakes. When in doubt about item condition, completeness or suitability for intended use, please plan on visiting site to view item in person.
Descriptions are believed to be accurate, but not guaranteed. Public inspections are open to all interested parties for a complete examination of the assets. If you are uncertain of the condition or use of an item, please bid accordingly.
Removal shall be at the expense, liability, and risk of the purchaser. Buyer is responsible for all tools and labor required for removal and loading. GRS Auctions DOES NOT SHIP. All shipping arrangements must be arranged between buyer and freight company. GRS will palletize for a fee and deliver within a 100 mile radius for a fee. Purchases will be released upon presentation of your paid Invoice. Please insure that anyone picking up items on your behalf has the paid receipt in their possession.
All Auction Purchases will automatically be charged to your credit card on file unless you make prior payment arrangements with GRS Auctions. If we do not receive notification of your preferred payment method by 9:00 am the morning after auction closing your credit card will automatically be charged for your purchase. To request cash payment please notify GRS Auctions by 8:00am on the morning after auction closing. GRS only accepts PRE-Approved Corporate checks, if paying by check, any returned check will be charged a $35 processing fee.